Debenhams Wedding Insurance
Most couples spend months planning the event and spend a lot of money on the process. No one wants last minute cancellations, poor service, bad weather, or personal crisis to put a damper on their wedding. That’s why we at My Wedding Suppliers encourage clients to opt for wedding insurance. It will cover unexpected problems and allow you to make changes quickly, without worrying about the cost.
Debenhams wedding insurance is one of the most popular options available today. This merchant offers comprehensive insurance and has reliable customer service as well. If you want a company that will offer prompt response to queries and claims, Debenhams might be a good choice for you. The insurance company has won the Trusted Service Award by Feefo in 2018, which can help you decide.
What Does Debenhams Wedding Insurance Offer?
Debenhams offers comprehensive insurance plan options. You just need to compare the plans available to you and determine which one is the right option. Here’s a brief look at what they company has to offer:
- You can get a wedding insurance plan for as little as £59.95. This includes a 10% discount on online booking.
- Overseas or destination weddings are covered by the insurance plans without any additional premiums.
- There are five different types of plans offers. You can choose plans based on your budget and particular requirements.
- You can get up to £60,000 of coverage if your wedding is cancelled or rescheduled.
- You can also get up to £27,500 of coverage if the venue is declared bankrupt or shuts down.
- The insurance policy includes a £10 gift card from Debenhams.
As you can see, this company provides a wide range of benefits. We recommend studying every plan they offer carefully to ensure it is the right fit for you before making a decision. You can contact the insurance company directly for detailed information on their policies.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Debenhams Wedding Insurance
Couples looking for wedding insurance often have common concerns and questions. Here is a list of frequently asked questions. The information will help you make the right decision.
1. Do you support overseas weddings?
Overseas and destination weddings are supported. However, only wedding-related components like venues, caterers, Photographers, decorators, etc. are supported. You need to get separate insurance for aspects like travel and accommodation.
2. Are civil partnership ceremonies covered?
Civil partnership ceremonies are covered under Debenhams wedding insurance.
3. Does the insurance cover the honeymoon?
The honeymoon isn’t covered by this insurance, but you can get separate travel insurance to cover it.
4. Are armed forces deployments covered?
Yes. If armed force personnel are deployed unexpectedly, the costs are covered. However, the insurance isn’t applicable to individuals who are heading to a known war zone.
5. What if one person in the couple isn’t a UK permanent resident?
The insurance is only available to individuals if they’ve lived in the UK for at least six months and are registered with a medical practitioner here.
6. When should you get the insurance policy?
It is a good idea to apply for the insurance policy as soon you start making bookings for your wedding.
7. Can you upgrade coverage?
If the costs of the wedding increase abruptly, you might need to revise the insurance policy. You can log into your insurance account through the Debenhams website and upgrade accordingly.
8. What happens if the couple decide not to get married?
If either partner decides not to get married, the insurance won’t be applicable. This falls under ‘disinclination to marry’ and isn’t covered.
These are just some of the many questions people have regarding the Debenhams wedding insurance policies.
Different Plans Provided by Debenhams
Debenhams provides a wide range of plans for you to choose from. These plans are comprehensive and provide extensive coverage on many different aspects of the wedding. Here’s a look at what you can expect:
- Gold Plan – This is the most affordable plan that costs £59.95. It provides up to £10,000 on cancellation and rearrangements. £5,000 on ceremonial attire, £2,500 on wedding gifts and wedding rings, £3,000 on flowers and so on. It covers attendant’s gifts, wedding cake, wedding cars and transport, personal liability, public liability, failure of suppliers, essential document indemnity, and legal expenses.
- Emerald Plan – This insurance plans covers all of the factors mentioned above. At £79.93, you get up to £15,000 on cancellations and rearrangements, £8,000 on wedding attire, £4,000 on wedding gifts and rings, and £4,000 on flowers, etc.
- Platinum – This particular plan costs around £102.03. It provides coverage of up to £30,000 for cancellation and rearrangements, £10,000 on wedding and ceremonial attire, £7,000 on wedding gifts, £6,000 on wedding rings, and £10,000 on flowers.
- Ruby – Ruby plan costs up to £156.72. It offers £35,000 on cancellation and rearrangements, £15,000 on wedding attire, £10,000 on wedding gifts, £9,000 on wedding rings, £12,500 on wedding flowers, etc.
- Diamond – The Diamond insurance plan costs £209.32. It offers cancellation and rearrangement coverage of around £60,000, wedding attire coverage of £25,000, wedding gift coverage of £12,500, wedding ring coverage of £12,500, and flowers coverage of £15,000.
As you can see, different plans provide different levels of coverage. It is a good idea to take your particular requirements into account and determine which option is ideal for you. Make sure the insurance covers your expenses completely. For example, if your wedding venue costs more than £10,000, you should avoid the Gold Plan.
Compare the different plans from different companies carefully. This will allow you to see which company provides the most comprehensive plan for the best cost. You can get a direct quote from Debenhams. Detailed quotes provide a much better picture of the insurance policy. The company has a good customer service system in place to help you out.
If you want to know more or need assistance with wedding planning, visit our wedding planning page. Here, you’ll find everything you need to help you with your planning. Alternatively, if you are thinking of a different provider, it might be worth considering the John Lewis Wedding Insurance.